« Home | On a high tower » | Orion » | Switching to Blogger.com » | Chal musafir! » | Inadequecies » | And now - MIT's freshman decisions get (almost) 'h... » | Bienvenue »

Here I will wait, of course

I like poetry that I can make sense of. Sometimes I read something that gets stuck on my mind, and when the occasion comes, the same few sentences seem to speak out loud - proving that the author didn't write it for no reason. Though there have been unforgettable verses by masterminds like Rober Frost or Eliot, sometimes the works of an unknown author make a bigger impact. I'd like to share one such verse* -
And here I will wait, of course
Until you return
For now I will be silent
And let my heart burn

Need I say anything more about the beauty of these words?

*It's the last stanza from a longer poem titled "Where did I lose you" written by a poet on DeviantArt. You can read the complete poem here.